UNLEASHED, UNCUT, UNREAD



9.01.2005

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Salman Rushdie’s first novel in years is due on the shelves next week (depending on what continent or country you’re in, it might already be there): Shalimar the Clown, gotta love it. I, for one, am ready to start tap dancing on my cubicle in elation. Rushdie’s fusion of the fantastical, the philosophical, the poignant, and the perspicacious (sorry, I’ve been wanting to use that word for awhile, and damnit, it fits) always wrings my soul dry when I read him. Easily one of my favorite authors alive today. For those interested, here’s an interesting article about the man, the myth, the pointy-eyebrowed one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perspicacious? Are ya kiddin' me?

Joe said...

I just began reading one by him a few weeks back...Haroun and the Sea of Stories..or something like that. Great writer

Phil said...

jsack-which jsack are you? i'm just hiding my mental voids behind a big word. leave me alone.

Phil said...

joe, if that's your real name-i haven't read that one but it's on the list. too many incredible books to read, too little non-cubicle, non-sleeping/eating time.

Phil said...

syllable

Joe said...

dangling participle

Phil said...

now you've gone and done it.