UNLEASHED, UNCUT, UNREAD



9.19.2005

Arrested attention

Arrested Development launched its third season tonight. I'll repeat what i've preached since becoming a relatively late convert to the show last spring: nothing else on cable rivals this for comedy. I should qualify that statement by conceding that i don't watch a whole bunch of television, but try to atleast get a feel for what's out there. So, I'm begging you, if there's a show airing that you think ranks with or above Arrested Development for humor, please, for the love of the deities, tell me about it.

Lots of juicy new twists and turns surfaced in this season's inaugural episode, maybe the most notable being that Oscar has his own blog. Here's a wonderful excerpt:

When I woke up in the infirmary, I was surprised to find out that my stabber was the leader of an equal rights gang called: RAVIOLI or Rapists Against Violence Against Insects. When I went to apologize for killing the ants, I pointed out that ravioli doesn’t work as an acronym and they stabbed me again.
"Shouts and Murders"...are you kidding me! Brilliant. Basically everything on the show was funny, minus a creepy shot of George Sr. as an awakening Blue Man. Actually, that was funny too.

8 comments:

rhein said...

LOL.

Phil said...

lolligag with ligers?! that's crazy.

Anonymous said...

I watched Arrested Development last night. Don't watch too much. Found it amusing.

If you are looking for some equally funny shows, check out the American version of The Office (Season premiere tonight on NBC at 9:30). Steve Carrell- last seen in the 40 Year Old Virgin- is hilarious.

Also a big fan of Scrubs- on hiatus right now. Zach Braff is my TV-boyfriend.

Phil said...

Judy-Thanks for the recommendations, i've heard good things about both shows, but haven't given either much time.

also, for you silent rogues out there thinking, "this kid's an idiot, 'lolligag with ligers' doesn't represent the acronym 'lol'" i did pass the 5th grade with flying colors, you know. but just for fun, i'll let you decide if i knew or not.

rhein said...

LOL, again.

Phil said...

nice. one day i'll land the triple.

rhein said...

LOL:), i'm sorry, phil. i don't even know why i STARTED laughing. it's not AT you or anything. OK, i'll be serious now.

Phil said...

only serious people are allowed on this blog. i'll be monitoring your behaviour closely.