UNLEASHED, UNCUT, UNREAD



9.30.2005

Star Wars realized

I had no doubt it would happen in my lifetime, but I certainly didn't anticipate its immediacy (sort of). Nieman Marcus decided to advertize the first 'skycar' available to anyone interested and capable of paying the modest $3.5 million price tag. A couple catches, ummmmm, first of all it costs $3.5 million. Secondly, word has it only 1 successful test flight has been completed heretofore, so these machines haven't exactly proven their mettle. Finally, they're only really selling purchasing agreements right now; it could take up to three years for the first models to actually ship.

All that practical crap aside, this will definitely be Numero Uno on the Christmas list for 2005. I never did get my Imperial Speeder Bike, so I don't think this oversteps suitable remuneration for past wrongs. Please include leather seats and galactic radio, thanks.

2 comments:

rhein said...

ooooohhh! i want one! i'll be the one to complete the 2nd successful test drive:).

Phil said...

i call 3rd.