UNLEASHED, UNCUT, UNREAD



5.02.2005

Sleazy businessman alter-ego materializes...

I love you guys, so I desperately want to make you 25 bucks. Furthermore, I know you love me atleast 2/5 as much as I love you…so I’m sure you want to make me 10 bucks. Here’s the deal:

ING Direct, a branch of ING (a Dutch global financial institution with over 60 million customers in 50 countries…aka, they’re legit), offers an “Orange” savings account that pretty much kicks ass. ING Direct does their banking online, over the phone and by snail mail. This means they cut out all the money they’d be pouring into operating bank branches churning through electricity and leasing fees that also would require little bank people running around in snazzy blazers that would probably want a paycheck. So they’ve got a bunch of extra money to throw around. Being the altruistic souls that they are at ING Direct bank, they’ve decided to give a whole bunch of that money to you and me.

They now offer a savings account with 3% interest. Anybody whose banking experience meets or exceeds cashing one work check a month understands that 3% is a ridiculously high interest rate…

This is great option if you don’t have enough money to invest, haven’t performed ample stock market research, or simply don’t have the balls to throw your money into the stock market yet. I, to some degree, can check each of the previous three boxes. This savings account allows you to rack up an impressive amount of interest while keeping your money completely liquid. If you need money for rent, you electronically transfer (either on the internet or over the phone) from your ING Direct savings account to your established checking account elsewhere. I’ve tried it and it’s incredibly simple…just like transferring from my Bank of America Savings account to my BofA checking…but making a whole bunch more money in interest.

The more traditional mid-level option would be purchasing a CD, wherein you give some money to your bank for a certain amount of time and they give you a guaranteed return percentage if you don’t withdraw previous to your agreement ending. Most 1 year CD’s (meaning you can’t touch your money for atleast a year) don’t go much higher than 3%. If you run into an emergency and have to withdraw before that year, you lose your 3+ % interest rate. The ING Direct option, like I said before, lets you do whatever you want with your money whenever you want.

So the deal is that if you sign up through me, you get $25. Seriously. They just give you $25. They also give me $10 when you sign up. It’s a pretty sweet deal for everyone involved. Check out their website and do some research yourself if you want to become a little more familiar/comfortable with the idea. If you think it’s a go, shoot me an email (younglong80@yahoo.com) and I’ll send you the special link for this deal (you have to use the link that I send you or you don’t get the $25)…or leave a comment below.

Here’s to taking over the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that young Phil has turned 25 (TODAY!!!) he realizes the value of investments and using his family and friends for money. It's the only way to get by in this big bad world. Happy B-Day Kid Sensation.

Phil said...

i'm a square, but not square.